Feeling Bad Does Not Equal Bad Result

I've mentioned before that I've had what I think is a runner's high on several of my recent long runs. Given a late dinner, a couple of glasses of wine, and a short night of restless sleep, I set out yesterday morning for a 7-mile run. Though it was in the low 60's, the combination of high humidity and all the factors I described above left me pretty uncomfortable; in fact, for most of the run I felt like my stomach was somewhere around my throat.

I ultimately finished the 6-mile loop in the park at a pace of 8:24 per mile - quite zippy for me these days. Though I really pushed at the end I missed my record time for the loop by just 1:33; I'm hoping to improve that PR sometime soon.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystery Solved

A '59 Seconds' Exercise in Motivation and a 2010 Resolution