Baking Bread



Inspired by The Bread Baker's Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread and by Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking, I've been on a bread-baking tear.

Pictured above is my first sourdough loaf, which was made completely from scratch (including making my own sourdough starter from rye flour and pineapple juice!). As is often the case, I've jumped in all the way and have become a regular customer at the King Arthur Flour shop online. Last weekend I also made pizza from scratch according to a recipe from Bread Baker's Apprentice with fantastic results. If you are interested in learning bread-making or just love reading beautiful cookbooks, check out Bread Baker's Apprentice.

Comments

Annette said…
Fabulous! Congratulations. I can imagine the smell and it looks beautiful.
A. said…
Gorgeous lookin' loaf! I may have to revisit my "no baking" policy...

Popular posts from this blog

Mystery Solved

A '59 Seconds' Exercise in Motivation and a 2010 Resolution