Thanks For Your Support!

I can't express how moved I am by the outpouring of help in response to my request yesterday for doctor/physical therapist recommendations.

In spite of a full day of meetings, I was able to see a doctor, have a physical therapy session, and get a set of x-rays yesterday. While I don't yet have the results of the x-rays, it seems that my problem is just a strained muscle rather than something more serious (like a stress fracture). I can now go into the marathon Sunday confident in the knowledge of what's up with my body. For those of you who are interested in the details, I have a strained adductor muscle in my right leg...

I do have to say I was surprised to hear how many of you have physical therapists or massage therapists who you swear by - it makes me wonder what I've been missing out on! On a more serious note, the lesson learned is that it makes sense to develop a good relationship with a doctor and/or a therapist who can help you get through the inevitable aches and pains of training for a marathon. I was lucky in this case that everything worked out.

With yesterday's concern now addressed, I can turn my attention to today's issue: temperatures on Sunday which are forecast to be in the mid- to upper- 70's..... The good news is it makes the choice of what to wear a lot simpler.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystery Solved

A '59 Seconds' Exercise in Motivation and a 2010 Resolution