Weekly Training Update - 2 Weeks To Go

Here's the week 15 training update:

Week 15 target mileage: 35 miles
Week 15 actual mileage: 28 miles

Target cumulative miles through last week: 585 miles
Actual cumulative miles through last week: 561.8 miles
Variance: (23.15) miles

Training miles to go: 41

Last week was ok. I had a great couple of runs in the middle of the week (including Wednesday's new PR) but somehow ran out of steam at the end of the week. Torrential rain knocked me off my game Friday morning (I couldn't run my typical 3 mile warmup in Central Park before doing strength training) and the hard session with my trainer Friday left me sore and achy going into Sunday's long-ish run; the run was supposed to be 15 miles but I went out assuming I'd only do 11. Conditions were gross - warm and humid - and it was one of those runs where every step was a chore. I've not gone back yet to look over the full training program, but I have the sense that my good training weeks (such as last week) are often followed by so-so weeks.

In any case, I've got fewer than two weeks to go until the big day. We're close enough to race day that I can begin to obsessively check the weather forecast for race day (currently expecting lows in the low 30's and highs in the mid 50's - pretty good if that's how it turns out).

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystery Solved

A '59 Seconds' Exercise in Motivation and a 2010 Resolution