A Fast Run Today

Did my first speed run in some time - given travel schedules and knee pain I haven't been able to do a real speed session since early March. I ran on the treadmill at the hotel this morning and had a great result: 8 miles at a pace of 8:12 per mile. The pace for the last speed session was 8:24 for only 6 miles, so I'm definitely making progress. The great news is that my knees felt fine for the whole run and that I managed negative splits (each mile is faster than the earlier ones) all the way through the run.

Here are the times for each mile:

9:24
8:47
8:34
8:20
8:00
7:52
7:40
7:22

The Brooklyn half-marathon is now just over a week away, and I feel like all the training I've done is starting to pay off. My goal for the race is to take about 5 minutes off my time from the Bronx half-marathon, which would mean a pace of roughly 8:40 per mile. 8:40 per mile would be a total time of about 1:53 or so, which would put me close to the top 50% of finishers (another goal of mine).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystery Solved

A '59 Seconds' Exercise in Motivation and a 2010 Resolution