Time-Lapse Photography - Sunrise in Galveston

Here's a short time-lapse video I've made of a drop-dead gorgeous sunrise in Galveston, Texas.

The video is comprised of about 285 separate pictures, each taken just a few seconds apart.

To capture the sunrise I mounted my camera (Nikon D300 with a 12-24mm lens) on a tripod and attached a Nikon MC-36 Multi-Function Remote. I set the remote to shoot a picture every 4 seconds and then just stood back to watch the camera fire away. I then used Apple's iMovie to stitch the photos together.

Enjoy!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very cool! Is that you making an Alfred Hitchcock like appearance in the frame about 1/3 of the way through? I will still love to see a sequence like this done in your garden as some of the flowers open. Also would be cool to do one of "a day in the life of one of your bird feeders" as different birds come and go throughout the day. Could even do an infrared motion sensor that shoots every time a bird comes into the frame. Just some food for thought.
Sarah said…
I LOVE it! Very snazzy!
Chatham Gardens said…
very, very, cool. I love your popping up in the image a couple of times and the occasional bird in the frame. spectacular sunset, too.
Unknown said…
Phenomenal! Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Mystery Solved

A '59 Seconds' Exercise in Motivation and a 2010 Resolution