I'm ready for a break!

The bad weather here in New York City broke long enogh for me to get in my long run for the week. I did two loops of Central Park, and with the half-mile or so from our apartment to the park, completed almost 13.3 miles - longer than a half-marathon and my longest run ever.

Though my pace was pretty decent - around 9:15 a mile - the run was a real grind. I think working out with my trainer yesterday and the 30 miles I'd done going back to last Saturday (which included a 5K race) finally caught up with me.

I'm looking forward to an off day tomorrow and am thinking about making next week a recovery week where I'd cut back the mileage 25% or so.

The best news of the day so far - the daffodils are about 6 inches out of the ground in the park and look set to bloom soon!

Comments

Sarah said…
Take a day off!

You deserve it.

Popular posts from this blog

Mystery Solved

A '59 Seconds' Exercise in Motivation and a 2010 Resolution