Breakfast, San Luis Pass



I've got tons of editing to do on the pictures I took in Texas, but in the meantime I wanted to share with you one of my favorites. Last Thursday, Katherine and I went to San Luis Pass at the west end of Galveston Island. We were there around low tide, which is the ideal time for seeing a wide variety of birds. I captured this shot of a tern (a Common Tern, I believe) fishing for breakfast. A friend of mine here in New York - Steve Wilner - was kind enough to lend me his 80-400mm lens for my trip; that's what I used for this picture.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is a great shot!!! Cannot wait to see the rest of them.
Chatham Gardens said…
Ditto Steve, love the picture and look forward to seeing many more.
Great photo. Now you will have a serious case of lens-envy.

Popular posts from this blog

Mystery Solved

A '59 Seconds' Exercise in Motivation and a 2010 Resolution